Today is day 9 of Real Life. That is, it's been 9 days since my stint as a post-graduate volunteer expired. These have been the craziest few days in recent history [read: have involved buying a car, a new wardrobe, finding an apartment, meeting my new boss, seeing my family, and taking the praxis], but have been full of MANY small miracles. Everything seems to be falling into place quite nicely...which either means that what's next is meant to be or the other shoe is about to drop. I'm pretty optimistic, though, and believe this might just be meant to be :)
So, what's next? I will (finally!) be a teacher! Next week I start work at a charter middle school in Newark, NJ, where I will be the first, and only, Spanish teacher.
Honestly, I don't know what that means for this blog, so now's the time for me to thank you, faithful readers (especially you, MomMom, Gramma, and Hubba!), for staying with me through my adventures in Los Angeles and Costa Rica. In some form of poetic closure, I used the poem Do it Anyway as part of my goodbye to my FrancisCorps family. I hope it keeps inspiring them, and me -- and you -- to live the best life and be the best person each of us is called to be.
Next stop, Jersey City!
You did all that in 9 days? Girl, you crazy. I enjoyed checking in on your life through this blog and I will stalk you on facebook to keep in touch! :]
ReplyDelete